Friday, February 12, 2010

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...


























Here's one picture from the "Snowpocalypse" lol. I really like this one, actually. And yes, looking at the architecture of buildings that mirror the one I live in, and see just how off-kilter some of them look...oh my. In our living room, actually, one windowsill is 2 inches higher than the other. And when we sit on desk chairs with wheels, we naturally slide across the hardwood floor, giving in to gravity. You get accustomed to grabbing your desk before putting your full body weight into the seat. Lol.

I've realized lately that honesty is incredibly important to me. I cannot stand liars anymore. I've hated myself for more of life than not, and now that I actually like myself, I feel so confident and it's helped me see what things matter. I've been shit on, and walked all over, and I'm over that. I got to start over when I moved out here, and it's really great to be able to do that! You can stay in one place so long that you just blend into the background and feel yourself fading out slowly. It was hard in a smaller place, where you knew a lot of people, and they already had an impression of you. A clean slate. And I haven't changed much. But I'm much braver! I can pretty much say anything I want to anyone and I'm not afraid to. I don't say disrespectful or mean things. Just things that need to be said and a lot of people are afraid to say them. For instance, the other day, a co-worker noticed some of our carts going up the elevator to the fancy-pants realtor's office that rents the top of our building. Which our store owns. When my managers found out, they began discussing who should go check it out. I instantly offered when I heard about it. I went next door and asked if they had any of our carts, since someone had saw some there. The lady looked around but didn't see any. When I got back, the managers (two really sweet girls in the late 20s) kept going on about how they could never have asked them about the carts! Yea, I was nervous (for some reason, I'm secretly terrified by the wealthy. I think I've seen too many movies about the rich being able to do anything they want cause money rules the world or something.), but I did it! lol. But seriously though. This ass came into work the other day saying some bullshit about how the Magic Jack should be 19.95, that he heard it advertised for that at Walgreens. I told him no, we've always sold it for 39.99, that's what it's advertised as, etc. He got all high and mighty with me, asking if he could bring it back and get a $20 refund when he proved me wrong. I told him no, we don't do price comparisons. He continued to annoy me, telling me how right he was and how wrong I was and how he was gonna come back and prove me wrong. A little later, I got called up for an IC3. He happened to be one of my customers. "Oh!" he says to me, "you were right by the way!" I told him that I knew I was right. He told me I didn't have to have an attitude. This, of course, pissed me off. I simply told him that I was only giving him the attitude he gave me. Go ahead and complain, sir, you won't be the first to complain about me. Okay, maybe the third in 2 years. I've never once been written up at work (knock on wood) and since I don't plan on moving up much further, I don't care if I do get a write-up. Shit, I've never been written up or even gotten detention. So bring it! lol jk jk.
But yea, honesty is great. I wish people couldn't lie. Like in Liar, Liar. That'd be so awesome.

No comments: